Scott & Wilkinson Blog

Please select a news item listed below which may be of interest to you. Alternatively, please review our archives at the bottom of the page by year. If any of them are of interest and you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact the office.


Input VAT that cannot be reclaimed
Input VAT that cannot be reclaimed

Date: 29/07/22

VAT is a complicated tax and whether input VAT on certain expenditures is reclaimed or not is not always a straightforward answer. Read More

(0) Comments

A Competitive Evening of Rounders
A Competitive Evening of Rounders

Date: 22/07/22

We went head-to-head with Oglethorpe, Sturton & Gillibrand Solicitors (OSG) in a competitive evening of rounders. Read More

(0) Comments

Xerocon 2022
Xerocon 2022

Date: 21/07/22

After two years of cancelled events through the pandemic, it was great to be able to join the thousands of other professionals at Xerocon 2022. Read More

(0) Comments

Xero Pricing Changes from September 2022
Xero Pricing Changes from September 2022

Date: 06/07/22

For all our clients using Xero for their bookkeeping, please note that there are upcoming changes to Xero subscription pricing which take effect from 15 September 2022. Read More

(0) Comments

Scott & Wilkinson invited to give MTD Presentation at IAgSA Training Day
Scott & Wilkinson invited to give MTD Presentation at IAgSA Training Day

Date: 28/06/22

We were delighted to be invited by The Institute of Agricultural Secretaries and Administrators (IAgSA) to give a presentation on MTD to the Cumbria and Lancashire branches of IAgSA. Read More

(0) Comments

Quernmore Park Clay Shoot 2022
Quernmore Park Clay Shoot 2022

Date: 26/06/22

We would like to thank all those involved in organising this year's Quernmore Park Clay shoot. Read More

(0) Comments

Additional places on the Help to Grow: Management scheme
Additional places on the Help to Grow: Management scheme

Date: 22/06/22

The Help to Grow: Management scheme offers business leaders 50 hours of leadership and management training across 12 weeks for only 10% of the normal cost whilst the other 90% is funded by the Government. Read More

(0) Comments

Scott & Wilkinson join the Xeinadin Group
Scott & Wilkinson join the Xeinadin Group

Date: 21/06/22

We are delighted to announce that we have recently joined the Xeinadin Group. Read More

(0) Comments

Changes to VAT penalties and surcharges
Changes to VAT penalties and surcharges

Date: 26/05/22

From January 2023, HMRC is introducing a new points-based Penalty Regime for the late submission of VAT returns designed to target frequent late filers. Read More

(0) Comments


Blog Archives

Arrange your free consultation

We offer a free, no obligation consultation with one of our experienced advisors to discuss all your business and accounting requirements. Complete the request form and one of our friendly advisors will be in touch shortly to arrange your consultation.

Arrange Now

Memberships & Accreditations

When appointing a firm of accountants it is important to check that they are appropriately registered and regulated.

Our clients can be assured that Scott & Wilkinson is regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales for a range of investment business activities and is an authorised training partner.