Buying, Improving or Building a Commercial Property?

Date: 07/02/18

Buying, Improving or Building a Commercial Property?

All too often we hear of cases where a business has bought or sold a commercial property without seeking expert tax advice. Similarly, where a commercial property has been built or improved, and the associated tax opportunities have been missed. Making the most of capital allowances can make a big difference to your finances, often saving you thousands of pounds.

If you have even the slightest doubt as to whether your have missed out on the tax relief and capital allowances your business is entitled to, please get in touch. Call us on 01524 67111 and arrange an appointment to discuss how we can help, even after the event.


Stuart Hinnigan FCA CTA

Author: Stuart Hinnigan FCA CTA

Stuart’s career in accountancy began when he joined Preston based Moore and Smalley in 1994 following his graduation from Lancaster University. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1997 and then chose to specialise in...

Read More

Share this article:

0 Comment

Nobody has commented yet. Why not add one?

Add your Comment

We have the ability to edit and/or delete posts and comments. Links should be relevant to the topics. Please note all comments are subject to review before inclusion.

Register to comment

Memberships & Accreditations

When appointing a firm of accountants it is important to check that they are appropriately registered and regulated.

Our clients can be assured that Scott & Wilkinson are registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out audit work in the United Kingdom and regulated for a range of investment business activities.

We are also registered with the Chartered Institute of Taxation as a firm of Chartered Tax advisors. 

Any use of the term "partner", if used, indicates a member of Scott & Wilkinson LLP or an employee of Scott & Wilkinson LLP with equivalent standing and does not indicate that a partnership exists for the purposes of the Partnership Act 1980.