Changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Apply From Today
As part the next step towards gradually bringing employees back to work, a number of changes have been made to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. As of today the following changes will apply:
- The scheme is only available to employers that have previously furloughed employees under the CJRS V1 (i.e. before 30 June 2020).
- Only employees that have previously been furloughed under V1 will be able to be furloughed under V2.
- Employees can be flexibly furloughed, enabling part-time working.
- There is no minimum furlough period.
- Furlough claims become more specific and must contain details of usual hours (based on calendar days) and usual hours worked. Hours furloughed will be the difference.
- Each claim made by an employer must be for a period of one week or more.
- No claim period can extend across a calendar month end.
- Employers will need to start to fund a proportion of the furlough payment costs from 1 August 2020.
- 30 November 2020 is the final date for submitting claims under CJRS V2
For further details Version 2 of Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, read our breakdown HERE.
Author: James Cornthwaite FCA CTA
A former pupil at St Aidan’s C of E High School, James attended Blackpool Sixth Form College and Lancaster University, graduating in 2004, gaining BSc. first class honours. He joined Moore and Smalley, Preston in 2005 and qualified as a...
Add your Comment
We have the ability to edit and/or delete posts and comments. Links should be relevant to the topics. Please note all comments are subject to review before inclusion.