Wet-led Pubs to Receive Cash Grant
The Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs will support pubs that predominantly serve alcohol rather than provide food and have been severely impacted over the festive season due to temporary local restrictions.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of £1,000 from their local council in areas under Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions.
Local councils will use their discretion to identify the right businesses to receive this funding, you should contact them if you think you may be eligible.
Your pub may be eligible if you:
- are based in England
- derive less than 50% of your sales from food
- are in an area subject to Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions since 2 December 2020
- were established in the pub before 1 December 2020
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding if your business:
- has exceeded the permitted state aid threshold
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
You must notify your local council if your situation changes and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria.
Author: Alan Taylor FCCA
A former pupil at Ripley St Thomas C of E High School in Lancaster, Alan joined Scott & Wilkinson directly from school in 1994 and qualified as an Accountant in 2001. Alan is the Partner with responsibility for the day-to-day...
Add your Comment
We have the ability to edit and/or delete posts and comments. Links should be relevant to the topics. Please note all comments are subject to review before inclusion.